Monday, January 5, 2009

Bodum Santos

One of the presents my hot sexy wife got me for Christmas was a Bodum Santos stovetop vacuum brewer. I've only had coffee made with it since I opened the box. I took pictures and tried to post them up, but was having connection problems. Will get them up soon. Meanwhile, I'll just enjoy another cup. It is very quiet. For some reason I thought I'd hear gurgling from the boiling water and a popping sound after the water went back down, but nada, it is very quiet. I still have to work on my technique. First few times I just put the upper bowl on right away, but after reading the forums I'm supposed to put the upper bowl on after the water is either boiling or very near it so that all the water that comes in contact with the grounds are in optimum brew temperature. I also found the grind that would stall the brewer the other day. It's at 8.5 on my mazzer. Discovered that it is very dangerous to pull out the upper bowl before the big splash when the water has all gone down hill as there is still plenty of suction. Good thing I apparently waited long enough because there was only a slight resistance but not enough to break anything when it did let go.
Water already on the way down. Will upload the pictures of the earlier process soon.
Coffee on the way back down

1 comment:

slyfoodie said...

You spelled resistance incorrectly.
::rolls eyes::