Friday, July 18, 2008

Danesi

A little package came in the mail today.

Packing peanuts and bubble wrap oh my!


More bubble wrap. These guys know how to ship fragile things.


The Danesi latte cup. The first thing I noticed was the weight. This guy is 14 ounces! Almost a pound. That is one heavy cup. Should hold the latte's heat well. The only downer is that the handle is very small, I can't put my index finger through it, so I won't be carrying it that way. I guess its thickness will also protect my hand when I carry it without the handle. On the websites it's listed as having a capacity of about 6 ounces. I tested its capacity by pouring some water and weighing it, its capacity is more around 10 ounces.


I was so busy taking pictures of the cup and weighing it that I almost forgot that it was a cup and saucer set. Below all those peanuts were the saucers. Oval saucers with the 'd' logo.


And here's the set.


Picture of my cup "collection." A 3 ounce Bodum Pavina, Starbucks Christmas cappuccino set of 6 (one was badly chipped so I now have 5 cups and 6 saucers), and the Danesi Latte cup. Edit: I was informed that it was actually a set of 8 cups. So now I only have 7.


In the home barista forums the Danesi cups were recommended in their cup recommendation discussions. I saw this picture and knew I had to get these cups. The shape of the cup is unique and maybe it was also the background in the picture that got me too.

2 comments:

Princess said...

Love those cups, too. How did you get those?

mckolit said...

Ebay. But I had to contact the seller first before he put it up for auction.