Saturday, July 12, 2008

More Super Jolly Cleaning

I decided to deep clean the Super Jolly this time around. Got some Grindz and took off the lower burr and just scrubbed away some more.

I marked where the upper burr carrier was for consistency.

Looking down at the bottom burr. Doesn't look too bad does it? Just scrub away and run some Grindz too maybe.

But after removing the lower burr, this was what was caked on below the burrs. Nasty looking stuff. Don't know if this was all from me grinding or maybe some of the old user's too.

Top portion of the lower burr. The three clumps are from the three upright thingies that push the grinds out of the grinding chamber.

Some of the grinds that was cleaned off.

I'm thinking I should use the Grindz and deep clean at least once a month to keep from getting stale rancid cofee grinds and oils stuck in the grinder.

No comments: