Sunday, July 20, 2008

Latte in the new cup

Made a latte today. Stretched the milk to 90 and then dipped the steam tip until 150. This is what I got. When I started the pour I started seeing the swirls and was tempted to start wiggling the pitcher to get a rosetta going, but I stayed my hand and purposely tried to make a heart. I think at first I was thinking "apple" but then went for the heart towards the end of the pour. Latte tasted nice. Nice tight 50 second, hehe, 1 ounce ristretto off a 15 gram dose.


Used the new Grindenstein knockbox too. What a mess. Better than knocking into the trashcan, unsanitary or the sink, will eventually clog. This is just two shots! I get wet pucks on this machine. I'll bring these grinds to work and use on the plants.

2 comments:

slyfoodie said...

I'm still bitter about you not getting me Intelligentsia. Hmph.

mckolit said...

Next time I'm there to get a knockbox, I'll pick you up something.