Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Simple mods to SJ

Some mods to the doser. I did the sweeper mod, but don't have any pictures of it. I just attached some velcro strips to the bottom of the sweeper to get at the stray grounds at the bottom of the doser.

Nipple mod. Used a spare baby bottle nipple to put on top of the nut on the doser. Grounds would get stuck on top of that nut when I'd grind. Will use an RC plane spinner next time. It is a sharper point on top and the nipple is absorbing some oils.


A little brass music wire on the exit chute to break up the grinds a little more to help with the clumping.


Attached the music wire to the doser cover so I can easily take it off when I have to sweep the exite chute.

Saw some posts where they had soldered some wire together, but the only solder I have is lead based and don't want to mess with that and food. So I just twisted the wire with a couple of needle nosed plyers and will stick with it for now.


Update: The wire set up above was too cumbersome. Made an easier simpler x pattern. The previous version just got more coffee stuck in the chute making it more cumbersome than useful. I also removed the nipple since it was just absorbing too much of the oils. Will get the spinner soon.

No comments: