Saturday, July 12, 2008

Slight Change to Super J

It seemed like I was spending as much time brushing away stray grinds as I was actually drinking coffee. It was getting to me. So I decided to use a used aluminum can to help clean up the doser a little bit. There was a flat metal piece that went over the doser's exit chute to keep grinds from falling directly out of the doser when grinding. Stray grinds would stay on top even after thwacking away 5 to 6 times. Those grinds would just stay up there taunting me. So I figure the use of the upper star on the doser was to determine the dose amount with each pull of the doser lever. This is only effective when the doser is full when in use in a busy cafe setting. Not really effective when only grinding per shot. So I removed the upper star and the pesky flast metal piece. I used the tall aluminum can to help deflect the grinds from just going for the now exposed exit chute. Works pretty well so far. Only downside is that it is now a little harder brushing the grinds away from the grinder's exit chute. Much cleaner though, less stray grinds to brush away. Will use this until I get the necessary bits for a doserless mod I've been eyeballing in the forums.


No comments: